Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Watercolor Pencils Attempt

I have had prismacolor watercolor pencils in my possession for about a billion years. Every once in a while, I pull them out and use them. But, I was really excited when I saw Jennifer McGuire's fantastic techniques using them in yesterday's Clean and Simple Online class. I couldn't wait to try it out...until I realized my water pen was dry. Poo. What now? I had to make do with a cup of water and a paintbrush, but the results were a bit disappointing. It is so much harder to control where the water goes with a brush, and I ended up having to adjust how I made my card.

Anyway, here's the homework to create a one-layer card and I "attempted" to use her technique.


I also used a bit of masking to create those lines. And, did you know that Ranger has black and white enamel gloss? Oh, bestill my little heart. I am obsessed with my glossy accents and had no idea there was any other color than clear. Yep, that went on my want list. As if I needed to add to my want list. :)

Enjoy the rest of your day friends.

6 comments:

  1. Love the masking and mix of colors! The fonts are perfect for this design! FABULOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your take on the faux artist. Really great color combo and your lines being diagonal go with the funky and fun style of your card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! LOVE the colors, and beautiful artistic feel of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool...love how the technique turned out Jax!

    ReplyDelete