This week's challenge really pushed me beyond my normal boundaries. I'm glad Michele has such brilliant ideas for challenges because I love how it turned out. Your challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to add mist to your project. This can be done in many ways, as suggested by Michele below:
• Use pre-made misting products available at your local or on-line retailer.
• Create spray mist using a mix of re-inkers and water squirted through a spray bottle.
• Create opaque splatters with a mix of acrylic paint and water flicked off a paintbrush.
• Add fine water droplets to your background of distress inked paper.
• Utilize an airbrush system or marker misting tool
• Channel your inner child and spray ink or paint from a brush onto paper by blowing through a straw
Here's how it came out for me:
I began with a glossy cardstock. I stamped my image in versamark ink; it creates a resist on your sheet. I then used my rubber brayer to add color. To finish the effect, I used my fingers dipped in water to splatter water droplets on the cardstock. This created that dotted effect you see. Pretty fun, huh?
Now, let's see what you can do. Our sponsor this week is Sweet Stamp Shop and I bet they are offering up one wowsa of a prize to the winner. Hop over to the CAS-ual Fridays blog to see what it is and to be inspired by the rest of the team.
Have a wonderfully blessed day and weekend friend!