Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Peace Out, Dude!

For today's post, we're going to visit a blast from the past...peace signs!  Over at The Moxie Fab World, Cath has brought it to our attention that we are in a time warp and that peace signs have started to show up all around us again.  She's right, ever since she posted this challenge, I have noticed a whole lotta peace-y-ness going on, from girl's clothes to decals on the back of cars.  I've always had a fascination for the 70's, so this challenge was ringing my bell.

The first thing I thought of was tie-dye, so I had this idea to make a mask out of peace signs.  I channeled my graphic design skills and created a mask on my computer.  I then printed it onto cardstock and began the painstaking process of cutting out each of those signs.  (that was seriously intense and time consuming)  I then tacked the mask to my card front with a very small amount of tape and sponged over it using my sponge brayer.  Here is the result:


I adore this card, the way the colors blended so perfectly and that little punched out heart on the side, ahhhh.  It's really a shame because this is much softer and more beautiful in person.  The sentiment was from a PTI Christmas set.  After I finished this card, I decided that I spent all that doggone time on cutting out that mask, so I had better use it again.  I made another card, but this time used my glimmer mist (which I have barely used since buying it).  Here's how this one turned out:


I think it's great that using the same mask, I was able to achieve two completely different card styles...one more clean & graphic and the other more classy & elegant.  Isn't that neat?  Hope you had fun traveling back in time with me today.  Peace out, dude!

6 comments:

  1. awesome cards, luv the elegant look of the second card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic mask and love how your cards turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this card, so happy to have come across your blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jaclyn! Thanks for entering the Signs of Peace challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete